The fair trade materials and work were all made in Guatemala from a repurposed vintage handwoven and embroidered Huipil from the Patzun region of Guatemala. These wallets are fair trade, sustainable fashion and unique.
Size: 8”w x 4”h x 1”d
Zippered inner compartment
8 Credit Card Slots
Please read all details about these gorgeous one of a kind bags and accessories in my store information. These are perfectly imperfect, all handmade, all hand loomed vintage fabrics and leather hides. Each piece is a gem to be cherished and loved.
The bag shown in the last pictures is available separately in the Mayan Handbag sections of the shop. They pair beautifully together for a perfect set.
• Payment is pretty much a must. Sorry, there's really no way around it. ;) Currently we only accept PayPal, Credit Cards via Direct Checkout. We prefer PayPal. Through PayPal you can pay with a credit card, debit card or directly from your bank account. It's very easy to set up an account. If for any reason you need to pay via alternate method, please contact us and we will do our best to work something out with you.
Here's a handy link to help explain and set up a PayPal account:
• We will not ship or begin work on a custom project until payment has been received and cleared. That would be silly of us.
• We try to be as expeditious as possible in preparing your item for shipping. For that reason the cancellation window is very short. If you need to cancel your purchase please do so within one hour of placing your order. If the item has been shipped there is no way for us to cancel the order.
• If you are interested in purchasing a gift card specifically to be used at Sirens and Starlight, feel free to convo me! I'd be happy to create a custom listing for you and ship it right to your friend/family member/co-worker/etc's door.
• We know you're eager to get your goodies and we can't wait for you to start wearing them! We try to ship items as quickly as possible once we receive your cleared payment. We ship using the United States Postal Service. Most items arrive in 3-5 business days once shipped, but hey, it is the U.S. Mail. Currently, tracking numbers are provided when possible. Please check the estimated shipping time listed with each item. Some items may be available to ship faster than others.
• If you want your item even faster, please convo us before making your purchase and we can set up upgraded shipping at an additional charge.
• We do not offer insurance on purchases unless requested. If you would like to purchase shipping insurance for your order, just drop us a line and we will be happy to accommodate you.
• Sadly, we cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen packages. Mean people really do suck, as cliche as it is, but we simply can't afford to rectify their wrong doings.
• International Shipping: we do ship internationally. Cost varies per location. Please contact us before checking out and we will provide a price quote. We do not cover any duties or customs fees. All duties and customs fees are solely the responsibility of the purchaser.
• Please note that while I do ship worldwide, I am not responsible for any customs fees or taxes your package may incur while on its way to you. International packages may take up to 4+ weeks for delivery- please give it time to get there! If your package has not arrived 5 weeks after shipping date, please let me know so we can determine the location and status of the package.•
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
All handbags and accessories sold by Sirens & Staright are made with repurposed vintage textiles, and the leather tanned in the sun not a commerical tannery. These pieced come imprerfect, and that is their perfection. Please know that each piece is handmade in local collectives and workshops so you will not get a factory created, mass produced piece. This is a handcrafted, one of a kind piece made by artisans. It will not be perfect. If you are not happy with your bag or accessory, please contact us to try and find a solution. We want you to be happy but all sales are final.
We no longer accept exchanges. I’m very very very rare cases we make exceptions. I want you to be as happy with each piece of Sirens & Starlight Jewelry and Accessories as I am. If you are not satisfied with your order, please contact me within 5 days of receiving your piece so I can do my best to help you out. All merchandise must be mailed back with tracking. In case of buyers remorse or incorrect shipping address on your part, I do not accept returns and can’t pay shipping charges on exchanges. Please note that I do not ship out the exchange item until all product has been received in return.
I absolutely stand behind my jewelry pieces and will repair items that may become damaged through normal, everyday use for the first 120 days. Please note that some gold filled and gold vermeil jewelry will wear over time and I cannot guarantee a lifetime finish to those pieces.
All merchandise must be returned in the exact condition in which it was shipped in order to receive a exchange. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. The customer is responsible for return shipping.
*All sale merchandise is final sale. No returns or exchanges.
Please make your selections with care and carefully review all product information before making a purchase. Need help or have questions? Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPON RECEIPT OF RETURNED GOODS, SIRENS & STARLIGHT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DENY THE EXCHANGE IF IT DOES NOT MEET THE POLICY REQUIREMENTS.
What types of metals do you use?
I use mostly sterling silver, gold vermeil and 14k gold fill or solid gold. In the rare case of using brass or another metal, it will be noted very clearly in the description.
What is Sterling Silver?
Sterling silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by mass of silver and 7.5% by mass of other metals. Sterling silver is a fine silver that is often great for sensitive skin.
What is Gold Vermeil?
Gold vermeil is gold plating, often 24k gold, over sterling silver.
What is Gold Filled?
Gold-filled jewelry, also known as "rolled gold" or "rolled gold plate" is composed of a solid layer of gold bonded with heat and pressure to a base metal. Amulette Jewelry is only made using gold filled metal that is 14k or higher. Gold filled jewelry can last through normal, everyday wear for a lifetime. However I do not suggest you wear your jewelry in the shower or pool.
Why gold filled instead of plated?
Gold filled wears like solid gold, and will never flake or chip (unlike gold plated jewelry).
Will my jewelry tarnish?
Yes, at some point it may tarnish. Thankfully my jewelry is easily polished using a jewelry cloth. Tarnishing may happen more quickly if jewelry is worn in the pool, shower, or while exercising.
What types of beads do you use?
I only use semiprecious or precious stone beads, as well as beads made of precious metals. I do not use glass imitations or Swarovski crystal. If you are curious about pieces replicated in another stone, please send me a message!
What of the handbag or accessory is handmade?
EVERYTHING! The whole thing! The bags are made from up-cycled huipils. The huipils are then hand washed and prepared to be cut for the bags. The leather is hand treated and cut. No machines are used other than a sewing machine.
How do I care for the fabric on my bag or accessory?
This is important! If you find any loose threads in your huipil, DON'T PULL THEM! Up-cycled vintage Maya clothing are used to make beautiful one-of-a-kind products. Many times you will find snags in the pattern. This is normal. Should your patterned huipil snag you can snip the loose threads with scissors. Do not pull them. You can do one of two things: 1) take a little pair of scissors and carefully trim the loose thread. Be very careful not to snip the rest of the fabric. 2) You can take a little fabric glue and dab down the loose thread so they don't continue to loosen or get caught on anything. If you use these techniques, you can ensure to prevent any more snagging or loose threads from fraying but be very careful when you do it!! Sirens & Starlight is not responsible in any way for any damage that may occur during your care and treatment of merchandise purchased from us. That includesbut is not limited to washing, drying and/or dry cleaning or leather cleaning.
Why does the leather have marks and irregularity to the color?
All of our bags are handmade using beautiful leather tanned and dyed in traditional methods in order to maintain its natural beauty and soft feel. Variations in color and texture are the prized characteristics of these methods. Over time, the leather will acquire a patina and may also darken due to the oils from your skin and direct sunlight, further enhancing the natural look and feel of your handbag. Please keep your bag away from prolonged intense sunlight, heat, and humidity. Please also note that dark denim or other dyed clothing items can rub off and stain tanned leathers. Exposure to water, liquid, oil, makeup, and permanent dyes like this can unfortunately leave permanent stains. These qualities are the nature of the bag and give your bag character and luster that mass-produced bags lack.
How do I care for the leather on my bag?
We make every effort to provide our customers with the best-handcrafted and high-quality bags. Please note that all our processes to make the bags are done by hand, from curing, cutting, and treating the leather to using up-cycled huipils. The bags have natural characteristics and qualities that should not be considered as flaws or as damage because they do not interfere with the functionality of the bag. Some people also like to use Scotch Gard Brand Protector on the fabric portion of their bag. Should you choose to, you may use a leather conditioner but many of our customers prefer to let the natural oils of their skin wear on the leather to get that buttery soft feel to them, we advise doing a test spot on the leather before applying a conditioner or treatment to the entire bag. Best advice for repairs is to use your local shoe makeer for any stitching repairs.
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR BAG IS NOT WATERPROOFED, the leather is tanned in the sun by artisans and not a commercial tannery with heavy chemical finishes. If you want to waterproof your leather there are many products available on the market to buy. Many do change and darked the color of the leather so use with caution. Sirens & Starlight will not accept any returns on products that have been treated in any way.
What is the difference in leather listed?
FULL GRAIN LEATHER
Full Grain leather tanned with high-grade oils and preservatives to keep it from being destroyed early by dryness and moisture. Full Grain Leather comes from the top layer of the hide which has ALL of the grain, therefore, FULL grain. The natural surface of full grain leather burnishes and beautifies with use. It is the best leather money can buy. This leather is expensive to buy and very difficult to work. You can expect scrapes and scars that are all natural. Where the cow had been scraped by barbed wire, bitten by a tick, or branded, the color sets in deep and stands out a bit. You'll be able to see the full grain running through the hide in the form of veins too. Your bag may have a few small scars and imperfections, which lend a tremendous amount of character.
TOP GRAIN LEATHER
Top Grain Leather is the second highest grade because it is split from the top layer of blemished hide then sanded and refinished. This is how they get rid of scars and scrapes.
Can't these be bought cheaper in South and Central America and even other websites?
Yes, they may be. Importing these bags is costly but that isn't really the most important thing. What the cost reflects is that these bags and accessories were ethically sourced and produced with fair trade ethics. There is no child labor or unfair labor processes, people are paid a fair and decent wage or price. Paying more to do the right thing for the people and environment is more important to me and my partners while creating a high quality piece.